PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 PDPA
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act") and its regulations, this notice is issued to all our valued customers and/ or prospective customers. This Notice will inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/ or will be, collected and processed by us.
1. Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/ or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with Shockee Sdn Bhd (1448266T), its subsidiary(ies), its associated company(ies) ("we", "our", "us" or "Company"). Your personal data enables us to achieve the Purpose in Clause 3 herein that is in connection with our business.
2. Description of Personal Data
The personal data that you may provide include but not limited to:-
• Email address;
• House phone no.;
• Mobile phone no.;
• Login/admin password;
• Username/ member ID/ Login ID;
• Specified queue number;
• Product code;
• Payment information including credit cards no., debit cards no.; and
• Reference no. of our customer relations and queries form.
We will use your personal data for the following purposes including but not limited to:-
a) Products & Services
• For performance of the agreement entered into between us to purchase our products and/or delivery of our services, whether present or future, including maintaining your Shockee membership account with us, verifying your identity as our customer, processing your request for the repair and support services, and delivery of our products to you;
• Communication with you and delivery of information including, e-mail, telephone call, text message, online social media and other telecommunication means in relation to our products and services, or in respond to your feedback and enquiries to our products and services;
• Processing of your payments under the agreement, including collection of outstanding payments from you;
• Delivery of any form, notice or other documents to you;
• Customer relationship management procedures as we deem fit and necessary;
• Necessary performance of our obligations incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the purchase of our products and/or delivery of our services;
b) Internal Record & Marketing
• Marketing of our products and services whether present or future, including issuance of vouchers, schemes, and/or programs which are beneficial to you;
• Internal record keeping, including for the purpose of administration, auditing, data analysis, research, benchmarking and/or statistical analysis;
• Processing of your application, requests, enquiries, and/or participation, in any of our, activities, contests whether online or offline, deals, events, marketing campaign, promotions, polls, surveys;
• Verification of your identity as winner of our contests or deals;
• Processing of your registration of interest in engaging our services including 24 hours customer service support.
c) Legal Compliance
• Prevention, hindrance and/or reporting of any crime including to fraud, bribery and/or money laundering;
• Compliance to any legal and/or regulatory requirements relating to the provision of our products and services; and
• For disclosure under the requirements of any applicable laws, regulations, directions, court orders, orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars, codes applicable to us or any subsidiary, associated, related companies of our group of companies.
We may obtain your personal data from the following sources including but not limited to:-
• The forms which you have filled up, including registration forms, application forms, contest forms, participation forms, products services forms or customer checklists, signing up forms and other forms, whether online or offline, in relation to Shockee membership form, enquiries to our products and services, registration as member of Shockee;
• Name cards or business cards that you have given or delivered to us; and/or
• Any identity materials that you have distributed and/or business directory and listing that you have subscribed to.
5. Class of Third Parties
You hereby consent and authorize us to disclose your personal data to the following categories of third parties:
• Our associated, subsidiary, related companies of the Company;
• Our outsourced third party service providers or product providers as we deem necessary or appropriate including outsourced data processing company;
• Our business partners including business affiliates or merchant that provide or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our services and products;
• Our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate; and
• Any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law.
6. Your Obligations
It is necessary for us to collect and to retain your personal data. It is also obligatory for you to supply your personal data to us in the most accurate manner. If you do not provide us with your personal data, we are unable to, process your personal data on your behalf, for the Purpose stated in clause 3 herein, or effectively render our services to you, and all relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
7. Your Rights
a. Right to request access to personal data
Subject to our rights of refusal under the Act, you are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable notice.
b. Right to request correction of personal data
Subject to our rights of refusal under the Act, you are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date with reasonable notice.
c. Rights to limit processing of your personal data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your personal data by expressly withdrawing in full your consent given previously including for us to send any advertising and marketing materials or for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
8. Contact to make inquiries and complaints regarding personal data
If you would like to know more about our processing of your personal data, you may contact the following relevant department: [email protected]